- Bring at one place the farmers fields that are scattered at one place.
- Providing road, irrigation channels for every block of land
- Providing approach village to roads
- Providing habitation for weaker sections
- Providing land for planned development
- On the spot disposal of disputes related to land
- Increase in agricultural productivity
Number of villages taken up in the first round (01-04-2007)
|Total number of revenue villages||Number of villages included in the first stage||Number of villages in which consolidation in completed is the first stage||Residual number|
Number of villages not included in the consolidation exercise so far - 6874
Number of villages included in the second round (01-04-2007)
|Number of villages included in the second round||Number of villages where consolidation exercise is completed in the second round||Residual number|
Strengths of the consolidation project
- The objectives of the consolidation project are its strength.
- The consolidation exercise is transparent and democratic in itself.
- The consolidation operation is time bound, Welfare oriented, land reform scheme.
- The Consolidation Commissioner is entrusted with all powers/ facilitation for conducting the work.
- Disposal of land-related disputes by removing unauthorized occupation on Gram Sabha land.
- Reservation of land for public utilities such as habitation, school, hospital, playing fields, pits for fertilizers, Panchayat building etc to ensure overall development of villages in the future.
- Improvement in the rural people's standard of living by providing land for housing of weaker sections.
- Providing consolidated agricultural land to each farmer in place of scattered land plots.
- Contributing to the Green Revolution by providing irrigation facility and road to each agricultural field.
- Ensuring development opportunities to every village by providing roads for better transportation of people, cattle and agriculture machines.
- Settling the disputes among farmers relating to boundaries of fields.
- Speedy disposal of cases & more efficiency in work due to non- interference of Civil / Revenue Courts